You may cancel for a full refund if you are canceling more than 72 hours in advance of the class, or you may reschedule for a $10 fee between 72 and 24 hours in advance of the class. Classes are non-refundable within 24 hours of the class. The 72 hour window gives SGC the opportunity to contact customers that have been placed on a waitlist for the courses.
This 8 hour precision rifle course is one of the best courses for fefining your precision rifle skills for the beginner-advanced level shooter. Shooters will be introduced to techniques of precision rifle shooting through specific drills designed by our staff. All drills will be shot at 25-100 yards and force the shooters to place their shots on select targets with the most precision as possible. All drills will be shot on paper and steel targets. This class is open to beginner-advanced levels.
This Course is being held at Ben Avery shooting Range Small Bore Range (1st range on your right as you enter the ranges)
- Semi auto vs bolt action rifles
- Equipment set up to the shooter
- Fundamentals of marksmanship and manupulation
- Techniques for zeroing
- Rapid bolt manipulation and multple targets drills
- Must be able to get in and out of the prone shooting positions in a safe and timely manner
- Must be able to safely maneuver and set up into improvised positions while maintaining muzzle awareness and positive control of the rifle
- Must understand how to make corrections for elevaion, wind and magnification without looking at your optic
- Must understand the angular unit of measure for adjusting the individual's optic
Equpment required for this course:
- Precision rifle capable of 1 MOA or better. Rifles can be bolt action or semi automatic
- Approx. 125 rounds of MATCH ammunition in .223/5.56, .224 Valkyrie, 6.5 Grendel, 6.5 Creedmoor or .308 ONLY (no other calibers will be allowed without permission from STA Training Group)
- Tactical optic with the highest power being at least 8x, MIL or MOA reticle and Tactical turrets (No hunting scopes of any kind)
- Rifle sling
- Lunch, snacks, water etc.
- Eye and ear protection
- Sand sock (fill a sock 1/3 with dried kidney beans and tie in a knot at the top of the beans)
- Note taking gear
- Appropriate range clothing (No shorts and no open toed shoes)
**No Loaded Firearms Allowed in Classroom**