This course is designed to build your defensive handgun skills and give you additional shooting drills to raise your minimum competence level. This class covers the skill levels to survive a high stress lethal situation. We will cover shooting from cover, shooting on the move, the proper manipulation of the handgun while moving, and shooting from retention.
- A detailed discussion of the 6 fundamentals of Marksmanship
- Manual of Arms
- Addressing multiple targets
- Cover vs. Concealment
- Moving from cover
- Moving to cover
- Shooting from retention
- Support side shooting
- Proper shooting drills
- Developing a practice regiment
- Proper Dry Firing
- Handgun with a strong side, outside the waistband holster.
- Three Magazines Minimum
- Magazine Carrier
- 100 rounds of ammunition minimum
- Must have taken Handgun Skills Development, and PASSED the Holster Presentation class.
- If the above has not been achieved, the student must pass a proficiency test given by one of the Scottsdale Gun Club Instructors.
**No Loaded Firearms Allowed in Classroom**