Basic Handgun For Seniors
This Seniors Edition course follows the same curriculum as USCCA Basic Handgun but has been redesigned to focus on firearm handling with difficulties in dexterity and mobility. We have also reduced the class size to offer more individual attention with each person!
We will cover everything from purchasing and owning a firearm to keeping it in good working order and getting regular practice. This class allows plenty of time to ask questions and lots of time on the range to make sure you’re comfortable before you leave.
If you don’t already have a handgun, we can help with that too! We’ll lend you a handgun during the class and afterward connect you with one of our team members to help you get exactly what you need. Our goal is for you to leave this class armed with knowledge the best firearm for you!
Taking USCCA Basic Handgun is a prerequisite for many of the other training courses we offer at SGC.
- What to look for when purchasing a handgun
- Laws around owning a handgun
- Fundamentals of operating a handgun
- Fundamentals of marksmanship
- Handgun cleaning and maintenance
- Overcoming physical difficulties
- Open mind!
- Note-taking equipment
- Ear and hearing protection (available on request)
- Handgun (revolver or semi-auto) – If you do not own a handgun, one can be provided at no additional cost
- 100 rounds of ammunition (can be purchased before class at SGC when available – inquire early)
**No Loaded Firearms Allowed in Classroom**