You may cancel for a full refund if you are canceling more than 72 hours in advance of the class, or you may reschedule for a $10 fee between 72 and 24 hours in advance of the class. Classes are non-refundable within 24 hours of the class. The 72 hour window gives SGC the opportunity to contact customers that have been placed on a waitlist for the courses.
This 3 hour class is a precursor to the SGC Urban Survivor course. This power point and open discussion will detail the logistics, planning, preparation and execution of a law enforcement deployment to the Florida Keys in response to Hurricane Irma in September 2017. This class will give the guests an unbiased account from an out of state Law Enforcement officer who led a 3 man team to support local agencies and the community hit the hardest by the hurricane. This will also give them details of what is needed to either depart an affected area or go into one for evacuation of family and friends. This class is supported with dozens of photos and video from the event.
- Driving into the natural disaster from another state.
- How far from the disaster resources like fuel and water became regulated
- Equipment and plans that did and didn't work
- Resources for supplies like fuel and how it was monitored and regulated
- Vehicle load out: weapons, ammunition and essential equipment
- Essential equipment that was needed but not brought
- Emergency services response to the heavily hit areas
- F.E.M.A. response and local resources for resupplying the community
- Laws and Ordinances that were put in place during the disaster
- Living conditions for Emergency services and locals
- Planning and preparations made by locals
- Looting, calls for service and procedures for calls requiring emergency response
- Dress casual/ relaxed
- Note taking gear
**No Loaded Firearms Allowed in Classroom**