You may cancel for a full refund if you are canceling more than 72 hours in advance of the class, or you may reschedule for a $10 fee between 72 and 24 hours in advance of the class. Classes are non-refundable within 24 hours of the class. The 72 hour window gives SGC the opportunity to contact customers that have been placed on a waitlist for the courses.
SENIORS BASIC HANDGUN
The SGC Basic Pistol for Seniors course is a 6 hour course that covers all of the basics of purchasing, owning, operating, maintenance, and cleaning of a handgun. In addition to extensive classroom time, the students will have several hours on the range to develop their shooting skills. This class is ideal for the first time or novice shooters, or for anyone wanting to build a good foundation of firearms knowledge. This class is designed with a focus on teaching Seniors.
- Things to consider when purchasing a firearm
- Issues in owning a firearm
- Fundamentals of operating a firearm
- Fundamentals of Marksmanship
- The maintenance and cleaning of a firearm
- Handgun, either a revolver or semi-auto is required
- If you do not own a handgun, one can be provided at no additional cost, although ammunition is not included.
**No Loaded Firearms Allowed in Classroom**