Jim Erwin (aka “The Kraken“, Shooting Performance Institute) will be teaching the fundamentals of the home defense pistol.
Jim Erwin is a veteran of the U.S. Special Operations Forces, including service as a 1st SFOD-D (Delta) Operator.
He was part of the 1st SFOD-D selection course – where he was ultimately one of five candidates chosen from a class of nearly 100.
Erwin was awarded the Distinguished Honor Graduate of his U.S. Army Sniper Course while serving with 2/75 Ranger Bat. He also served as the ranking NCO for a military free-fall platoon with a Long Range Surveillance Company.
After leaving active duty, Erwin provided close protection and security for high-profiled clientele across the globe including many high-threat environments.
He is a certified FBI Advanced Firearms Instructor, and has earned several instructor certifications for the NRA. Erwin Currently is a business development manager for Staccato 2011 and owns the Shooting Performance Institute.
This is a 1 – day class
This is a unique and one-of-a-kind class you won’t want to miss!
*You MUST have taken Holster Presentation prior to taking this class. If you sign up and show up to take this class and have NOT taken and PASSED Holster Presentation, YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO PARTICIPATE.
- Eye and ear protection
- Holster, gun belt and magazine holders
- 3 mags or more
- 250 rounds (or more)
- Bring a lunch and water/ drinks for the day (optional)- 1hr lunch break
- Gun oil and any tools you may need for your weapon
- SGC will be offering a student special of 300-rounds 9mm for $100
- Safety brief
- Shooting Fundamentals and mechanics discussion- Classroom
- Dry fire Application of Fundamentals/ Getting the gun in the fight
Dot drill- Draw and fire 1 round-30 rounds total
Ten-minute break-reload mags, food water.
Dot drill- Draw fire 2 shots-Focus on follow through realigning sights- 60 rounds
- Movement Discussion/ demonstration
Facing movement- Left, Right, 180-15 rounds
Movement toward and away from threat- 30 rounds
Lateral Movement- 10-15 rounds
Ten Minute break
Drill- The Truth Hurts- 20 Rounds
- Use of Cover/ Concealment – Multiple threats discussion/ Demonstration
Drill- multiple threats- 20 rounds
Drill-Shoot and Move-20 rounds
- Culmination Exercise 10-20 rounds
- Hot Wash- Q&A- Classroom
**No Loaded Firearms Allowed in Classroom**