Young Adults intro to Firearms
You have to be 21 to buy a handgun but it’s never too early to learn! This course will introduce young adults (age 13-19) to the four basic types of firearms: revolvers, semi-automatic handguns, bolt and semi-automatic rifles, and shotguns. In the classroom, we will review the four universal firearms safety rules and the fundamentals of marksmanship. On the range, an instructor will help you become comfortable with using each type of firearm and answer any questions you have.
Young adults under the age of 18 MUST be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. Adults bringing anyone they are not the parent or legal guardian of, must have a signed consent form.
- Basic background on each firearm type
- Pros and cons of each firearm type
- Operating a firearm
- Fundamentals of marksmanship
- Practice on the range
- Open mind!
- Note-taking equipment
- Must be between 13 and 19 years of age
- Young adults under the age of 18 MUST be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian
- Adults bringing anyone they are not the parent or legal guardian of, must have a signed consent form
- Firearms and ammunition are provided
- Ear and hearing protection are provided
- Closed-toed shoes
**No Loaded Firearms Allowed in Classroom**