You may cancel for a full refund if you are canceling more than 72 hours in advance of the class, or you may reschedule for a $10 fee between 72 and 24 hours in advance of the class. Classes are non-refundable within 24 hours of the class. The 72 hour window gives SGC the opportunity to contact customers that have been placed on a waitlist for the courses.
DEFENSIVE HANDGUN SERIES - PHASE 2
This course is designed for the shooter with a basic knowledge of the fundamentals of marksmanship and wish to take their skill set to the next level. This is not a class for the novice. This course will give you the fundamental skills to be able to draw and engage various targets in addition to the knowledge to be able to tactically clear malfunctions on your firearm.
After completion of this course members will be “Holster Qualified” and able to draw from the holster on our range.
- Learning the concept of the four point draw
- Magazine exchanges
- Malfunction clearance drills
- Proper presentation if the firearm
- Varied shooting positions
- Pistol with a minimum caliber of 9mm
- Well-constructed strong side holster made of Kydex or leather.
- No inside the waist band holsters
- At least three magazines
- Two support side magazine holders
- 150 rounds of ammunition
- Comfortable shoes
- Sturdy belt
- Introduction to Defensive Handgun or approved by a SGC Instructor
- Minimum age of 18
- Basic understanding of your firearm
- Moderate physical ability
**No Loaded Firearms Allowed in Classroom**