You may cancel for a full refund if you are canceling more than 72 hours in advance of the class, or you may reschedule for a $10 fee between 72 and 24 hours in advance of the class. Classes are non-refundable within 24 hours of the class. The 72 hour window gives SGC the opportunity to contact customers that have been placed on a waitlist for the courses.
The 06/21 and 07/26 classes will run from 2:00pm-5:00pm
This course is designed for people who would like to draw from the holster on our range. This class is for shooters with a basic knowledge of the fundamentals of marsmaship and would like to take their skill set to the next level. This is not a class for the novice shooter. This course will give you the fundamental skills required to be able to draw from a holster, engage various targets, exchange magazines, and clear various malfunctions on your firearm.
This is a pass/fail class and after passing this course Members of Scottsdale Gun Club will be "Holster Qualified" and able to draw from the holster on our range.
- Firearm Safety Drills
- Proper presentation of the firearm
- Learning the concept of the four-point draw
- Firearm Reloading Techniques
- Tactical Magazine Exchange
- Empty Gun Reload
- Malfunction Clearance Drills
- Class 1 and 2 Malfunction clearance
- Class 3 Malfunction clearance
- Varied Shooting Positions
- Semi-automatic Pistol with a minimum caliber of 9mm
- Well-constructed good quality strong side holster made of Kydex or leather
- Absolutely No inside the waist band holsters.
- A minimum of three magazines
- Support Side magazine holder
- 150 rounds of ammunition
- Comfortable shoes
- Sturdy belt suitable for carrying Holster
- Minimum age of 18
- Better than basic understanding of your firearm
- Moderate physical ability
**No Loaded Firearms Allowed in Classroom**