You may cancel for a full refund if you are canceling more than 72 hours in advance of the class, or you may reschedule for a $10 fee between 72 and 24 hours in advance of the class. Classes are non-refundable within 24 hours of the class. The 72 hour window gives SGC the opportunity to contact customers that have been placed on a waitlist for the courses.
SENIORS DEFENSIVE HANDGUN
This Seniors Edition course follows the same curriculum as Defensive Handgun 4 but has been redesigned to focus on firearm handling with difficulties in dexterity and mobility. We have also reduced the class size to offer more individual attention with each person!
Get out from behind the bench and shoot down range! Threats come at you fast and are never a stationary target. This course will teach you to take action and learn to handle a high-stress and potentially lethal situation. You will shoot from cover, shoot on the move, learn how to properly handle a handgun while moving, and practice shooting from retention (from your holster). Don’t wait, don’t freeze, get moving and get out of harm’s way.
PREREQUISITES (MEET 1 OR MORE)
- Addressing multiple targets
- Moving to and from cover
- Handling your handgun while moving
- Overcoming physical difficulties
- Note-taking equipment
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be competent in operating your handgun, do NOT bring a handgun you have never fired before
- Well-constructed, strong, side holster made of Kydex or leather
- NO inside the waistband holsters
- Two support-side magazine holders
- Closed-toed shoes
- Sturdy belt
- Moderate physical ability
- 150 rounds of ammunition (can be purchased before class at SGC)
**No Loaded Firearms Allowed in Classroom**