Children must be at least 8 years old to shoot. Minors must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian who will sign a waiver and stay with them at all times.
- Always treat all firearms as if they are loaded
- Keep all unholstered and/or uncased firearms pointed at the back stop at all times
- Keep your finger off the trigger and outside the trigger guard until ready to fire
- Be responsible at all times
- Never use alcohol or drugs before or while shooting
- No food, drink, gum, or tobacco is permitted inside the range for any reason at any time. Wash your hands each time you leave the range
- If you observe an unsafe condition, report it to a range officer immediately
- Be sure all firearms are safe to operate
- Know and understand the operating mechanism and safety feature of the firearms you intend to use
- Use only the correct and safe ammunition for your firearms.
- No steel core, armor piercing, tracer, incendiary, bi-metal jacket, or anything smaller than #4 buckshot may be used on this range.
- All patrons of the SGC will be held financially responsible for any damage or destruction they cause to SGC property, whether accidental, negligent, willful or otherwise.
- Eye and ear protection is mandatory before entering the range and must be worn at all times while on the range
- NEVER handle firearms behind the firing line. All firearms must be cased and uncased on the shooting table only.
- All firearms that are not holstered must be cased and unloaded when being removed from your lane
- Keep the action open and firearm unloaded with magazines removed until ready to fire
- If you have more than one firearm, use only one at a time. When finished properly case the unloaded firearms and it’s ammunition before uncasing the next one.
- Fire from within the booth only. All others are to be behind the firing line to maintain a safe condition
- Use only official target properly taped to the backer
- Upon the command CEASE FIRE: Stop all shooting IMMEDIATLEY and await commands from the range officer.
- Shooters may only collect their own brass behind the firing line. Collecting other shooters brass or brass forward of the firing line will not be tolerated
- It is strictly prohibited to draw from the holster, use a sling of any kind, remove the counter, or gate at any time for any reason. Unless: accompanied by an SGC employee for an event or,
- Members who desire to shoot from the holster with handguns must be holster qualified through SGC instructors and pay a one time fee of $15 or successfully complete the SGC Holster Presentation Class
- Members who desire to shoot from different positions with long guns must be tactical qualified through SGC instructors and pay a one time fee of $15
- Must provide government issued ID (Passport, Driver's License, Military ID, etc)
Failure to abide by all of these rules while on the range may result in you and/or your party being dismissed from the range, cancellation of membership, and/or expulsion from SGC.
RANGE SAFETY VIDEO
WAIVERS & RELEASES
Youth Permission Slip