Children must be at least 8 years old to shoot. Minors must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian who will sign a waiver and stay with them at all times.
- Always treat all firearms as if they are loaded.
- Always keep all unholstered and or uncased firearms pointed down range.
- Shooters must keep their finger off the trigger and outside the trigger guard until ready to fire.
- Be responsible at all times.
- Never use alcohol or drugs before or during your time on the range.
- No food, beverages, gum, or tobacco are permitted on the range for any reason at any time.
- If you observe an unsafe condition, report it to the range safety officer immediately.
- Be sure all firearms are in good operating condition and are safe to operate.
- Know and understand the operating mechanism and safety features of any firearm you intend to use on the range.
- Use only the correct and safe ammunition for your firearms.
- No steel core, armor piercing, tracer, incendiary, bi-metal jacket projectiles, or shot smaller than #4 buckshot are allowed on the range.
- All patrons of the SGC will be held accountable and financially responsible for any damage, destruction, or injury they cause to SGC property or persons, whether accidental, negligent, willful, or otherwise.
- Eye and ear protection are mandatory before entering the range and must be worn at all times while on the range.
- Never handle uncased or unholstered firearms outside of the shooting booth. All firearms must be cased and uncased inside the shooting booth.
- All firearms that are not holstered must be unloaded and cased prior to leaving the shooting booth.
- Keep firearm actions open and unloaded with magazines removed until ready to fire.
- If you have more than one firearm, only one may be loaded at a time. When finished, properly case the unloaded firearm before uncasing the next one.
- Only two (2) firearms may be on the shooting bench at one time. Only one long gun may be on the shooting bench.
- All shooting must take place inside the shooting booth. Only one (1) shooter at a time. All others must be outside the booth to maintain safety.
- Only proper official targets properly taped to the target backer are allowed.
- Shooters may only collect their brass from behind the brass screen. Collecting another shooters brass is prohibited.
- Upon the command of CEASE FIRE, all shooting will stop IMMEDIATELY. Place firearms on the shooting bench and await instructions from the range safety officer.
- Unless accompanied by an SGC employee, drawing from the holster, using any type of sling, removing the shooting counter, or removing the brass screen is strictly PROHIBITED.
- Members wanting to shoot a handgun from the holster must be holster qualified either by taking the SGC holster presentation class or complete a holster presentation qualification from an SGC instructor.
- Members wanting to shoot long guns from the prone position must be certified by an SGC instructor to remove the brass screen.
- Members wishing to shoot their own machine guns must be certified by an SGC instructor.
Failure to abide by all of these rules while on the range may result in you and/or your party being dismissed from the range, cancellation of membership, and/or expulsion from SGC.
RANGE SAFETY VIDEO
WAIVERS & RELEASES
Youth Permission Slip
Adult Release Waiver
Guardian Release Waiver