You may cancel for a full refund if you are canceling more than 72 hours in advance of the class, or you may reschedule for a $10 fee between 72 and 24 hours in advance of the class. Classes are non-refundable within 24 hours of the class. The 72 hour window gives SGC the opportunity to contact customers that have been placed on a waitlist for the courses.
The June 9th class will go from 8:00am-5:00pm.
A comprehensive course designed to include more basic gun handling and care information, ballistics, holster selection, etc., as well as detailed coverage of the legal ramifications of the use of lethal force in Arizona and how the legal system effects those who elect to exercise their right to self-defense. The course includes extensive coverage of statutory and common law as well as mental conditioning, mindset, judgmental shooting and how to avoid, if at all possible, the use of lethal force. This course is designed to impress, in the worst-case scenario, a potential jury. The course includes documentable live shooting and written exam qualifications which exceed current Arizona legal requirements and meet the requirements in place when Arizona required a specific curriculum. Exam and Shooting Qualification Scores can be provided to support your defense. Taught by seasoned firearms instructors including a Master level competitive shooter and an active trial attorney/judge pro tem.
- Firearms safety
- Explanation of the need to have a CCW
- Marksmanship basics
- Overview of pertinent AZ/Federal laws
- Ammunition overview
- Explanation of lethal force and aftermath
- Ballistics realities
- How to deal with law enforcement
- Holster overview
- How to live a situationally aware lifestyle
- Overview of the real legal system
- How to stay out of trouble
- You will need to bring a lunch as there will not be a break period to pick up food.
- Handgun & 50 rounds of ammunition (Rental firearms are available. Must use SGC ammo if renting a firearm)
- Hearing & eye protection
- Comfortable & appropriate clothing
- Firearm must be cased and unloaded
- At least 18 years of age (Must be 20½ or older to receive CCW permit)
**No Loaded Firearms Allowed in Classroom**