Welcome to the handgun community! Whether you’ve come to this class with no prior experience or if it’s been a while and you want to brush up, we are here to help! This class will cover everything from purchasing and owning a firearm to keeping it in good working order and getting regular practice. This class has plenty of time to ask questions and lots of time on the range to make sure you’re comfortable before you leave.
If you don’t already have a handgun, we can help with that too! We’ll lend you a handgun during the class and afterward connect you with one of our team members to help you get exactly what you need. Our goal is for you to leave this class armed with knowledge of the best firearm for you!
Taking Basic Handgun is a prerequisite for many of the other training courses we offer at SGC.
- What to look for when purchasing a handgun
- Laws around owning a handgun
- Fundamentals of operating a handgun
- Fundamentals of marksmanship
- Handgun cleaning and maintenance
- Open mind!
- Note-taking equipment
- Eye and hearing protection (available on request)
- Handgun (revolver or semi-auto) – If you do not own a handgun, one can be provided at no additional cost!
- 100 rounds of ammunition (can be purchased before class at SGC when available – inquiry early)
**No loaded firearms allowed in the classroom. Please bring them already cleared**