DARK ANGEL MEDICAL D.A.R.T.
When life expectancy is measured in seconds and help is minutes away, will you know what to do? In our uncertain lives, that is a question that we all need to be able to answer a resounding, “Yes!” to. Dark Angel Medical, LLC, is proud to offer training and instruction in the use of the D.A.R.T. The Direct Action Response Training course fills a niche between military self-aid/buddy care training and civilian EMS training and is geared towards those with little to no medical training or background. It provides the student with critical, need-to-know information, which can be utilized in a myriad of situations and stresses the ‘you don’t know what you don’t know’ principle as well as our own principle of “Simplicity Under Stress”. The course is 2 days in length with a total of 16 hours of classroom work to include slide presentations, videos, question and answer sessions and hands-on practical skills application.
There will be a site fee of $50 for non-members and $25 for members collected during the class.
- Physiological and Psychological reactions to environmental stress
- The importance of having the proper Combat Mindset
- Basic Anatomy and Physiology of life-sustaining systems
- H, A, B, C’s—Hemorrhage, Airway, Breathing and Circulation
- Breakdown and usage of Individual Med Kit components
- Proper stowage and employment of the IMK
- Hands-on application of the IMK
- Basic and Advanced Airway management -treating and monitoring tension pneumothorax, sucking chest wound and flail chest
- Airway adjunct device placement
- Nasopharyngeal Airway
- Basic First Aid and Advanced wound care
- Application of Bandages and Hemostatic Agents
- Application of tourniquets
- Recognition and Treatment of various injuries (Gunshot, Laceration,Burn, Airway, Head, Orthopedic, Environmental)
- Recognition and treatment of hypovolemic (hemorrhagic) shock
- Moving and positioning victims with various injuries
- Response to active shooter situation
- Proper use of cover and cover vs. concealment
- Casualty recovery in an Active Shooter situation
- Mass casualty triage procedure
- Emergency Medical Dialect/Lingo (911 protocol, cooperation with LE,
- Fire and EMS and First Responders
- Open mind!
- Note-taking equipment
- Must be at least 16 years of age
**No Loaded Firearms Allowed in Classroom**