This course is designed to build your defensive handgun skills and give you additional shooting drills to raise your minimum competence level. This class covers the skill levels to survive a high stress lethal situation. We will cover shooting from cover, shooting on the move, the proper manipulation of the handgun while moving, and shooting from retention.
*You MUST have taken Holster Presentation prior to taking this class. If you sign up and show up to take this class and have NOT taken Holster Presentation, YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO PARTICIPATE.
- A detailed discussion of the 6 fundamentals of Marksmanship
- Manual of Arms
- Addressing multiple targets
- Cover vs. Concealment
- Moving from cover
- Moving to cover
- Shooting from retention
- Support side shooting
- Proper shooting drills
- Developing a practice regiment
- Proper Dry Firing
- Handgun with a strong side, outside the waistband holster.
- Three Magazines Minimum
- Magazine Carrier
- 100 rounds of ammunition minimum
- Must have taken Handgun Skills Development, and PASSED the Holster Presentation class.
- If the above has not been achieved, the student must pass a proficiency test given by one of the Scottsdale Gun Club Instructors.
**No Loaded Firearms Allowed in Classroom**