You may cancel for a full refund if you are canceling more than 72 hours in advance of the class, or you may reschedule for a $10 fee between 72 and 24 hours in advance of the class. Classes are non-refundable within 24 hours of the class. The 72 hour window gives SGC the opportunity to contact customers that have been placed on a waitlist for the courses.
Drawing from a holster is a fundamental skill you need to master if you are carrying a firearm on a regular basis as it can be dangerous if done incorrectly. We will train you to properly draw from your holster, exchange magazines, and clear various malfunctions. Having even a basic understanding of these crucial skills will make a huge difference in your ability to protect yourself and those you care about. After this class, make sure to practice drawing and getting on target so you don’t hesitate when it matters.
Get holster-qualified! In order to draw from your holster on our range, you MUST be holster qualified by one of our instructors. Passing this class will mean you are “Holster-Qualified.” Only members will receive a qualification card and can start drawing!
*Only members are allowed to holster-qualify for range use.
- Magazine exchanges
- Malfunction clearance drills
- Proper presentation of a firearm
- Shooting positions
- Note-taking equipment
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be competent in operating your handgun, do NOT bring a handgun you have never fired before
- Well-constructed, strong, side holster made of Kydex or leather
- NO inside the waistband holsters
- Two support-side magazine holders
- Closed-toed shoes
- Sturdy belt
- Moderate physical ability
- 150 rounds of ammunition (can be purchased before class at SGC)
**No Loaded Firearms Allowed in Classroom**